20 years experience including shrink wrap desktop and enterprise software products, internal IT systems and software as a service hosted applications for national and international brands such as:
BMW / Mini Canada, Aeroplan, Rogers, ReserveAmerica / Ticketmaster, Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaws, i2 Technologies, Petro-Canada and the Toronto Star Newspapers.
Details of our extensive experience:
- Michael Ben-David (Profile: LinkedIn, Facebook · Resume: Word
Doc, PDF · Blog: Website, RSS Feed)
- Available as required: Software / Web Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Project Managers, Graphic Designers, Usability and Information Architects.
Custom software development and consulting services:
- Pitch / proposal assistance to multiple web design and marketing agencies. Technical integration and custom development scope of work agreements, technical architecture design, project planning and budget estimation.
- ChatStat, Web Chat / Live Assistance
/ Web Analytics platform development. Client / Server code overhaul for reliability
and scalability. Resolution of memory leaks and exceptions. Code design and maintainability
improvements. Data Center move (rehosting). (C# .Net, MS
- Prestige Telecom, Employee Portal
development / JD Edwards platform integration. Functional as well as Performance
and Scalability enhancements. Internationalization / Localization for French. (MS
SQL, ASP.Net / Classic ASP, jQuery, Nunit, Log4N, Selenium 2 / WebDriver)
- MIT Consulting, Plesk shared server
migration for 100 domains, resolved many post migration issues after a P2V (Physical
to Virtual) migration. Site migrations and content updates, new site development. (Linux,
PHP, MySQL, DNS / SPF, DreamWeaver, WordPress with custom templates and PayPal
integration, HTML, CSS)
- ECS Wire (sub-contracted), product catalog database and website. (MS Access, PHP, Expression Engine)
- Sino Source (sub-contracted), dynamic product catalog PDF generation. (PERL, PHP)
- Corporate Innovation Online, strategic consulting, technical roadmap and implementation for incremental rehosting and port of classic ASP website to a LAMP / WordPress design. (ASP, PHP, WordPress)
- West Parry Sound Health Centre Foundation, e-commerce technical integration for website redesign.
- GigPark.com, Development team structure, process management and product design strategy insight.
- Rethink Solutions, software architecture review and technical roadmap proposal. (Java)
- PennyPeople.com (sub-contracted), site admin interface development for custom catalog storefront, integration to Canada Post for shipping rates and TD Bank (Beanstream) for Visa checkout. (PHP, MySQL, XML)
- Foreign exchange order management system
(Visual Basic / Access)
- Television / Internet set top box software architecture and design
(Linux / C / Java)
- Website design, development and hosting
- "Michael's knowledge and experience in the technology and web development field is exceptional. His advice has been extremely valuable as we have built our company and our product (GigPark)."
- Pema Hegan was with another company when working with Michael at Benilan Inc.
- "Michael has an excellent ability to communicate complex technical concepts in ways clients understand. Michael always impressed me with his accurate project estimates. Michael led challenging projects and was instrumental in their success, always balancing the client's needs with those of his team. I would not hesitate to recommend Michael for a Sr. Technical Architect position."
- Paul Quinn worked directly with Michael at Blast Radius
- "Michael was brought in to lead the development and architectural side of a multi-million dollar project replacing the then current business platform. Michael hand-picked the technical team recruiting 3 teams of developers as well as a QA team. A testament to Michael's skills were the individuals he brought into ReserveAmerica. Of the highest technical caliber with a dedication to their craft, under his leadership within a very tight 18 month timeframe his team built the enterprise system which drives ReserveAmerica's business today. This system now dominates the outdoor recreation market and is used concurrently by over 1000 staff and clients as well as supporting several million consumer transacted reservations annually. I would definitely work with Michael again given the opportunity."
- Grant Christie worked directly with Michael at ReserveAmerica / Interactive Corp
- "Michael exhibited technical leadership with highly complex and fast moving projects. His attention to detail, technical skills and ease of communication makes him ideal to handle complex, multi-faceted projects while achieving optimal results from the team. His communications ability makes him ideal to assist sales and marketing to understand complex technical issues."
- "Michael's professionalism, deep technical knowledge, and leadership abilities successfully enabled him to reposition TAG's architecture to allow for its continued growth and development. He has earned a great degree of respect from myself and many of the engineers who worked with him."
Do you have custom software development requirements? Contact us
for a free initial consultation.